Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChristopherU
Regular MemberPosts: 345
Like?
Questions from an Olympus E-3 user
Sep 17, 2012

I am debating selling my Olympus gear at the moment and have a few questions about some Pentax equipment.

I am shooting with an E-3, 50mm f2 macro, 50-200mm swd, and 14-54 mkI lens at the moment. For those that do not know, all of these, and the E-3, are very well weather sealed and the glass is very sharp wide open. Weather sealing is a deal breaker for me should I move to another system. Currently, it does not appear that Olympus is going to make a new body for my glass that appeals to me.

Hense the questions here:)

The new K5II looks very good to me and appears to offer what I am looking for in an upgrade for a camera body. The glass I am considering is the following: the PENTAX DA* 16-50MM F2.8 ED SDM LENS and the PENTAX DA* 300MM F4 ED SDM LENS to start with. I would get some other f2.8 lenses when the budget allows - namely the 100mm macro and the mid tele zoom (the 50-135 f2.8).

Mostly what I shoot is wildlife, some landscape, and general walk about stuff you might take in a city.

So what I was wondering is what the user base here thinks of that selection of glass in particular?

Any thoughts from you folks over here in Pentax land would be greatly appreciated.

Olympus E-3 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow