Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stiger
Contributing MemberPosts: 605Gear list
Like?
Photo Contest and Resolution
Sep 16, 2012

I'm entering a photo contest for the very first time! The winning photos will be printed up as a 2013 Calender and sold. The proceeds will be donated to a local charity.

My question is at what Dpi setting would you use. 72, 240, 360?

I know 72 is great for the web but what if one of my photos get printed?

CONTEST RULES

There is NO cost but there is now a limit of 10 photos submissions per person. The deadline for submissions is October 1 of the contest year. Judging will take place by a selected committee of sponsors with winning photographs being announced at the calendar reception (date to be determined and will be posted on our Facebook page.)

Photos submitted should be no smaller then 1500 x 2100 pixels. Higher resolution are encouraged for better quality reproduction. One of criteria for judging may be the quality of photo when blown up. All winning photographs may be made into a 5 x 7 and/or 8 x 10 print for public display and a digital format of all winning photos will be displayed on website. The contest theme is subject to the interpretation of the judges and creative interpretations are encouraged. A photo submission form must be filled out completely for all photo submissions, one per photographer.

stiger's gear list:stiger's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow