Major price reduction on FZ200 on Amazon

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
brucefulton
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
Re: Major price reduction on FZ200 on Amazon
In reply to Gary Leland, Sep 16, 2012

Many Amazon customers (and this applies to other online merchants as well) don't always realize that based on what Amazon thinks it knows about your personal profile and likely buying habits and spending preferences, Amazon business intelligence processes may offer different prices to different people at different times. I once saved nearly $400 on a pair of binoculars I had been looking at that dropped for me on inquiry one day. The next day, the price went back up. They get what they can at any given time depending on what they think they can get depending on who they think the customer is. For example, it's recently been documented that Orbitz was charging Mac users more than PC users on certain hotel accommodations. See http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57460254-93/mac-users-pay-more-than-pc-users-says-orbitz/ . So if you see a great price, at least snap-shot the screen and maybe you can convince someone else to match it even if the deal goes away later.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow