Updated specs on the EOS 6D

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,480Gear list
Like?
Re: Updated specs on the EOS 6D
In reply to cs hauser, Sep 16, 2012

cs hauser wrote:

I'm hoping that the 11-pt AF system isn't as bad as it sounds. Hopefully they will all be cross-type, even if only the center point is f2.8. I'm also quite certain that there will be many (non-selectable) assist points in addition to those 11. Without assist points, an 11-pt AF system would actually be a downgrade from the original 5D, which had 15 total points. I don't think Canon will be so crazy as to take a further step back from the original EOS 5D AF system.

not really .. if it's 11 points selectable than that's an improvement for most shooting over the original 5D and 5D2 .. the 6 none selectable points were only horizontal and only used during AI servo.

i'm not too sure where 11 points would even come in as far as canon AF .. canon's never had a 11 point AF .. 19, 9, 15** (sorta) et all.

but I would certainly choose 11 points selectable cross type AF over the older 5D / 5D2 AF any day of the week.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow