Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jameas
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
I cannot believe I am asking this.....
Sep 16, 2012

I always cringe when I see members post questions like "what lens should I take to wherever I'm going.....". I cannot help thinking that surely (if the individual has a number of lenses to choose from) they would have a good idea what they should take given their traveling conditions - a decision that must be taken every time they leave the house/caravan/motorhome/house boat etc..

I cannot believe that any city/town/place would command "such and such lens" in order to reach the photographic nirvana to be so desired.

So here is my dilemma. We (i.e. the family - Mr and Mrs E and girl,15 and boy, 11) are off to Venice for five days in late October. Should I (as I would usually do) take my 5DII and (lens selection made on the basis on low payload) the 24-105 (general use) and Sigma 50mm 1.4 (evening, low light - and lighter lens) - I can feel myself running away with my self here - or...........

Just take the X100.

And just for maximum creativity, (just one) speedlite (430EXII over the 580EXII), ND2-400 filter, Yongnuo RF-600TX/RF-602RX wireless transmitter/receiver and a light tripod.

I know. I can hear you all say it. 35mm lens.

"It will make you a better photographer" versus "but you will need to zoom and change lenses"

Frankly, I think I an looking forward to some freedom. And becoming a better photographer.....

Be kind.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
X100New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow