Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
montygm
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
Canon 70-300L IS USM Vs Canon 70-200L F4 IS
Sep 16, 2012

Am tossing up between these two lenses and cannot make up my mind. I have researched both of these extensively and they both come very highly recommended. I am leaning towards the 70-300 as I like zooming in close on shots and the 300mm would be ideal, but I have heard of it suffering a bit in Chromatic Aberration and having had a previous lens that also suffered the same problem am rather reluctant because of this. I have also heard that the 70-200 F4 IS is amongst one of Canon's top sharpest zoom lenses and the constant F4 would be nice to have at the longer end of the zoom range. I would not consider using any extension tubes as they slightly deteriorate IQ and F-stop range. I would be interested in hearing from users of both of these lenses regarding IQ and sharpness in particular the 300mm regarding sharpness at 300mm and CA. Also would be interesting to hear opinions on the zoom and focus rings being reversed if it causes any problems when focusing at close proximity to camera and does weight of lens become an issue after carrying it all day.
--
Regards,
Grace

montygm's gear list:montygm's gear list
Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow