Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Twong
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
Durable Sigma EX
Sep 16, 2012

I have this Sigma 100-300 f/4.0 for a number of years. It is a great lens especially for APS-C cameras. I was using it last night at a high school soccer game. I have quite a few keepers which made me very happy. As I was packing to leave, my cell phone rang causing me to forget zipping my camera bag all the way. So when I picked up the bag, my 100-300 fell out and dropped on the bleacher and rolled down to the ground.

My heart sank but had to tell my wife that everything was fine. I did not even bother to check it until now which was 20 hours after I dropped it. I was so pleasantly surprised that nothing, absolutely nothing was wrong with the lens. It focused fine, aperture was fine, zoom fine, manual focus fine, AF fine. This Sigma is so well built that it can handle such a big shock. I am now even more sold on Sigma EX line of lenses.

Twong's gear list:Twong's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +16 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow