ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,751Gear list
Like?
Is it Oy! or Yay!!? another FF rumor
Sep 16, 2012

Interesting rumor though

Full Frame Pentax Coming at Photokina. Again. Though Probably Not.

"Popped into a brick and mortar store here in Asia yesterday where Pentax goods are still sold a plenty. I happen to be in the process of buying an old Pentax medium format film kit from the old man. He was buzzing with excitement as I opened his shop door. With an irrepressible grin, he said (in heavily accented English), "Full-frame! I know!" It turns out a Pentax rep from Japan was passing through the day before. The rep was showing my friend the new line up of products through the medium of pictures of the products on an iPad. Suddenly a camera body was shown that was nothing that has yet been released (this is after the K5ii and K5iis were formally presented - so it wasn't them). My friend asked what it was. The rep shut his iPad down in a flash. The rep refused to talk about it, but when pointedly asked if it was a full-frame camera for Pentax, he winked in an exaggerated fashion at my friend. I don't tread the rumor mill. I won't even buy a full-frame camera if one was released, well, not yet anyway. But I smell a new season for Pentax under Ricoh. In the words of Johnny Cash: "There ain't no grave, can hold my body down."

http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00anEI?start=10

-- hide signature --

At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell

“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow