Major price reduction on FZ200 on Amazon

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
padman0008
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
Re: Major price reduction on FZ200 on Amazon
In reply to Vandyu, Sep 16, 2012

The real world here is that Amazon is a huge company. They sell tens of thousand, maybe even hundreds of thousands, of items every day.

They also have a very large number of customer service reps. They ONLY way for them to not have chaos in customer service is NOT to give their CS reps much latitude. So they have RIGID guidelines that no one (except maybe Jeff Bezos) can change.

Their policy on returns and refunds is:

• Return at any time, for any reason, within 30 days, we'll even pay the return shipping.

• We'll refund if you find a better price ON OUR SITE within 30 days.

• We do NOT price match with other sites.

Does anyone really want to go to the hassel of returning an item and buying it elsewhere to save less than $10? I sure don't.

Crutchfield is a very fine company. I have bought several things from them, including a 60" HD TV. However, they usually do not beat Amazon's price. (I always check several sites before I make a several hundred dollar purchase.)

All this activity on lower prices "may" mean that Panasonic has lowered their wholesale cost to increase market share. If this is so, even lower prices maybe just around the corner.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow