Weekly Landscape Thread: Sept 16th - Sept 22nd

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
shoevarek
Regular MemberPosts: 380
Like?
Some pictures of Norway
In reply to dennismullen, Sep 16, 2012

All photographs taken with A900 and SAL24-70.

Hopperstad wooden church interior. It was raining and it shows. The interior of the church was not lit and very dark. The church is quite small inside and there are many railings so it is hard to find any comfortable spot for making a picture. In addition to that we were closely watched by native cerberus that kept an eye on us so we do not steal anything. It was hard to keep him out of the frame. I guess my East European face did look suspicious to him. As soon as some French tourists arrived he left his watch post.

Some landscape photographs. Unfortunately most were taken near midday during our hiking so the light is harsh and my hand is probably shaking. What is not seen on pictures is the amount of trash and garbage one can find near some trails or viewpoints. That was a huge negative surprise for me. I wish I have documented that other side of Norway. The dichotomy between official and unofficial experience would be akin to experience one can get at Mesa Arch in Canyonlands Utah where official majestic and serene view of the arch conflicts with unofficial view of dozens of photographers squabbling behind the arch for small place to make a photograph.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow