Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HowardinOregon
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
A few questions regarding a99 vs. 5dIII
Sep 16, 2012

I have a canon 60d and am considering switching principal body to a99 with Zeiss lenses & new flashes, however; keeping my 60d as I have some good glass and pocket wizards+580exII flashes. I want a FF but am hesitant to purchase the 5dIII.

1. What items are visable and alterable in the EVF that appear on the back screen, what items are not? e.g. histogram, WB, magnification to correct focus.

2. Can you review your last shot without taking your eye off the EFV and then adjust exposure/focus assuming your finger(s) button memory is proficient? Would this ability avoid or very quickly correct for blown highlights, underexposing in low light or attaining best focus to name a few?

3. If this camera permits the user to fine tune his shots, more or less on the fly, isn't that a major step forward? Reminds me of when I was in the Army during the Vietnam time and we used tracer rounds to correct live fire.

4. I'm concerned that battery life is severely limited using this EVF vis-a-vis an OVF. One could purchase and use the battery grip, but that adds a substantial bulk to the camera.

5. I'm interested in the so called wedding lens trio, 24-70 2.8, 16-35 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 that take advantage of AF-D. Are or will these be avaiable?

6. And finally, is this camera's still and video output fully compatable with Adobe CS5 extended as well as Lightroom 4.1?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 60D Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow