Third Party E-mount Lens

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
mikiev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,089
Like?
A few choices
In reply to tinytowers, Sep 16, 2012

tinytowers wrote:

The reason I ask is I basically don't want to have to shell out $2-300 on an adapter (with aperture control) for a $500 lens on a $600 camera.

If you want to use A-mount lenses on a NEX, Sony gives you the choice between two adapters:

LEA1 - which only gives you exposure info & aperture control.

LEA2 - which costs more, but gives SLT-style AF, and motors to drive AF-mechanisms on most [all?] A-mount lenses.

It's all really confusing. Now I see that b&h has two sigma 10-20 sony lenses at two different price points!

Yes. Sigma has had the f4 - f5.6 version of that lens out for awhile, and then released the [more expensive] f3.5 version - which lets you use f3.5 across the entire zoom range.

What happens if I mount the sigma 10-20 to my nex-5n with no adapter? Aperture control or not? I could care less about auto focus...who uses auto focus anyways?

Both version of the Sigma 10-20-mm are Amount lenses, and so you can't mount them on a NEX without an adapter - either one of the two Sony adapters mentioned above, or one of the cheaper adapters which doesn't give you aperture control or AF.
--

My Picasa albums:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mjvlev

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow