650D photo: Need your opinion please...

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
R2D2
Forum ProPosts: 14,535Gear list
Like?
Re: 650D photo: Need your opinion please...
In reply to PStu, Sep 16, 2012

PStu wrote:

Awesome! I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my 450D to a 60D, but your shots with the 650D have been good enough to give me pause.

I thank you for your endorsement . I was completely blindsided with how good this little Rebel is! I originally bought it to shoot only Macros (and as a backup to my 50D). But as I was putting it through its paces, I quickly discovered (as on the very first shoot ) that it was indeed the better camera. Now my 50D has been relegated as backup!

The fast AF-point selection and the electronic level are the only things keeping the 60D in the running.

Since I shoot a Lot of action, I'm using the center AF point a large amount of the time, so I haven't missed the dedicated adjustment for that. However the 60D's RAW buffer is much larger if that's important to you. I've been able to work around that thus far, but I may end up shooting my Eagles in Flight as JPEGs. Maybe.

I'm guessing from the fact that you're using the 650D for long shoots in the field and with long lenses, you don't find the narrower grip a disadvantage.

Not at all. I don't notice any imbalance at all either (as some Rebel users have). I do welcome the lighter weight though!

Well, sorry this post is late. Didn't see it until today. I hope this has helped you some.

Good luck,

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.

http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow