Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elandreth
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Dust On Sensor, Behind Glass
Sep 16, 2012

There is a large piece of dust directly on the sensor surface of my 5N, visible to the naked eye and obviously on the sensor itself, below the glass plate that is the normal location of dust. The spot is quite large in my pictures, even at open apertures. How can I remove it?

I tried the camera's sensor cleaning feature several times, but the dust doesn't budge. I also tried using a rocket blower at an angle to blow around the edges of the glass plate, but the puffs of air didn't seem to be reaching the dust. I even put a vacuum hose directly up to the lens mount, and despite the hose suctioning down quite hard, the dust wasn't moved at all.

Is it possible to reach the actual sensor surface to clean it? Or is my only option to pay Sony to service my 5N? Thank you for any tips and advice you can give.

Elandreth's gear list:Elandreth's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow