Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Amnon G
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Thinking about an X-E1 instead of stolen D90
Sep 16, 2012

I'll go straight to the point - in the noise comparison on DPReview between the X-Pro1 , Nikon D7000, Canon 5D Mk-III and the Sony NEX-7, the noise levels of the Fuji seem amazing. Combined with the resolution charts I am blown away.
Is the X-Pro1 really that good?

My use for the camera will be multi faceted - indoor of kids as well as landscapes and outdoors, like kids playing soccer.

I am sure the focusing system of the X-E1 won't be as good as a D7000 (which I rented for 11 days after my D90 and 4 lenses got stolen).

I will try a friend's X-Pro1 in the upcoming weeks so I'll get a feel for color rendition and camera control (after almost 4 years with the D90 the D7000 felt very much at-home for me and I have never had a rangefinder-style camera).

My kit had the Nikon 50mm 1.8, 70-300 VR, 16-85 VR and Tokina Macro 100mm. I mostly used the 16-85, then 70-300, then 100 Macro and 50mm (much less than the other 2 lenses).

Any comments / tips for me before making this purchase decision?

Thanks,
Amnon

Amnon G's gear list:Amnon G's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D7000 Nikon D90 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow