XE-1 or NEX 6: Which is more appealing thus far?

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
caver3d
Contributing MemberPosts: 698Gear list
Like?
Re: Trying to decide as well
In reply to timetowastetime, Sep 16, 2012

timetowastetime wrote:

I will be following this topic closely.

I'm trying to decide between

Fuji X-E1 vs Sony NEX 6

or

Fuji X-PRO1 vs Sony NEX 7

I am taking a year off from my studies in 2013 to travel. I've been struggling to decide on a camera to take with me for months. I'm glad I waited since this release seems like it will solve my dilemma one way or the other.

I'm looking for

• compact body

• great image quality

• one small (pancake?), fast (good dof), good quality prime lens of around 35-50mm

• one versatile zoom

• good video quality

I initially was going to go for the Fuji X100, but I'm concerned about travelling with only a fixed 35mm lens. I thought instead I would get a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera and get a prime that would deliver the same quality as the X100, but also purchase a zoom lens.

At the moment I'm leaning towards fuji for all aspects except for the video, which really could be a deal breaker for me.

I read that sony didn't look after there customers that well with the NEX-7, not bringing out firmware updates? I get a bit of a better vibe from fuji as a camera company. Also the lenses of Fuji seem to have great reviews.

I think either way, both of these cameras could make a great, lightweight and versatile travel camera solution.

What you need is the Oly E-M5. It ticks all your boxes, plus you get in body 5-axis IS.

caver3d's gear list:caver3d's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow