GH3: wrong direction! Bulkier & heavier ....

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
larsbc
Forum ProPosts: 11,490
Like?
Re: GH3: wrong direction! Bulkier & heavier ....
In reply to Anders W, Sep 16, 2012

Anders W wrote:
[snip]

Until I see a lot more photos of it in use, or see its dimensional specs, I wouldn't assume that it's as big as a "fat ass DSLR." I handled an OM-D yesterday and I have to see that its control layout felt cramped,

I just noticed an error in my original post. I meant: "I have to say," not "I have to see."

[snip]

On the other hand, things have gotten noteably better as I have become used to the camera. It took me a couple of months but now I feel at home with the E-M5 and am not really bothered by the way it handles any more. This might be worth keeping in mind if you are considering getting one.

Yes, that is worth knowing, because I was, in fact, wondering if I'd be able to get used to it.

Another thing I noticed is a slight lag between a click of the aperture adjustment wheel, and seeing the aperture value change in the viewfinder. With my Panasonic and DSLRs, I've never experienced such a lag. Does your OM-D do that?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow