Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,700
Like?
I'd be interested in your opinion..
Sep 16, 2012

I made the following response to a very silly, trolling thread on Nex about mft being in trouble. I post my response here not to add to Nex/mft debate but because I think recent camera developments are significant to the camera market in general. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

The format that is in trouble is APS-C in moving mirror cameras.
mft is doing fine and going from strength to strength.

aps-c (or close) in mirrorless is doing fine. There are plusses and minusses to both these and mft, but there isn't much in it.

FF is grabbing headlines and interest with new, smaller and cheaper models emerging.

The real problem is for regular aps-c cameras. They are being squeezed between ff moving mirrors and the mirrorless market. Why would anyone buy one? You can get the same quality in the smaller package or better quality in a package the same size.

It isn't too difficult to see a time in the near future where pros and heavy amateurs will have a ff with something like an RX1 in their pocket and advanced photographers will have a mirrorless system of whatever flavour with possibly something like the RX1 in their pocket.
--
Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia
--
Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow