Printed photos too dark - any suggestions?

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Russell Fielding
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
Guys...
In reply to Steve Bingham, Sep 16, 2012

... many thanks for taking the trouble to reply, lots of very interesting links and tips (who knew there was so much to consider even after all the editing?!!). I shall hopefully reply properly to them 'tomorrow' (later today).

Russell

ps for those asking for my original files, the top (or left) photos are the ones taken in to the developers, just resized to upload to dpreview. Or did you mean the originals straight out of the camera pre-edit?

As an aside, the same photo shop were the ones to recommend the Canon SX210is which my brother currently uses and which, outside 'good' weather, can be pretty poor. So I often have lots of editing to do to pull around these images. But I also admit, even after editing many thousands of pictures over the years, I am still a relative post-production novice with, for example, amateurish methods of colour correction and often a near-obsession with avoiding blown highlights. Nevertheless...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow