Can't separate to filters !

Started May 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
The_cheshirecat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,169Gear list
Like?
Re: What brand CP are you guys using? Mine gets stuck too!
In reply to Ecorone, Sep 16, 2012

Ecorone wrote:

What type of CP are you guys are using that gets stuck?

I have a Hoya Pro1 Digital 77mm MC PL-C (Made in Japan) that is very prone to sticking. It had gotten stuck on a B+W F-Pro 77mm Haze filter in the past and very recently the Hoya circular polarizer got stuck directly on my Canon 24-70 f/2.8L.

So I'm wondering whether this is a specific brand/model of polarizer that has this problem.

More importantly, I'm wondering what brands of CP's out there can reliably be removed because I'd love to buy one that doesn't give me 3 anxiety attacks per year.

-Ecorone

Any brand or type of filter can stick.

Try a little graphite (pencil lead) on the threads. ground graphite is an ideal dry lubricant, and when I say a little, i mean a little, just on the threads.

-- hide signature --

I started in the 50's - my first picture was taken with a Leica and hooked me for life. I no longer use my Leicas, but I am still taking pictures. Some things never change.

The_cheshirecat's gear list:The_cheshirecat's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 600mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow