Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
isladushi
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
repair D700 madde impossible by Nikon
Sep 16, 2012

My D700 had a damaged lcd screen. So, after some email, I sent it in to Nikon. After a month of two, I saw at the repair website, that they still waited for billing, although I had filled in the data of my Visa card. At the end is came clear that Nikon refused my creditcard, because I live outside the USA. The same creditcard I use to pay my hotels in the USA, do all my shopping in the USA, even bought Nikon software with this card!

Second step: internet banking was not possible, because they refused to give me the name and address of their bank. Internet banking not posible?????

Third step: Paypal was not possible for Nikon. Welcome to the 21ste entury, Nikon.
Fourth step: COD: not possible.

The only way that was left, was a money order! I felt like a savage in the bushes of Africa with bow and arrow. But to get my camera back, I went to Western Union to discover that Nikon has no account there!

Emails were not properly read and questions (hours of phoning) not adequately answered.

This is the most idiot and irritating "support" I ever had in my life. Using internet since the mid nineties of the last century, I could not even imagine that this was possible. Shame on the Service Approvals of Nikon, Melville. Unbelieveble stupid!

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow