D600 vs D300 vs Sony A99

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
photogalleryonline
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 vs D300 vs Sony A99
In reply to Justin K, Sep 16, 2012

I have a D200 (5fps) and a Sony A77 (12fps). I can capture more sharp shots in a minute with the Nikon than the Sony, this is because of burst depth. You can essentially keep shooting with the Nikon continuously, but with the Sony after about 1.2 seconds, you are waiting for it to write to card for about 30 seconds, during which you might get 1fps if your lucky! Having said that if the A99 has a decent burst depth, ie 6fps for 50 shots before it slows down then I'd recommend this over the D600. The D600 for me is not want I want, I want a D400 with D4 iq and sensor and that would be what a lot of D200 D300/s users would be happy with. We've only waited like 4 years already, please don't tell me we have to wait to PMA in February! The Sony is the best for travel photography and video, its video focusing thru viewfinder is second to none. The new quiet control dial has great potential. But for low light, landscape and sports I'd still prefer the Nikon. The Sony viewfinder in daylight is better than an optical one, but at night time I find it impractical because of the noise. D600 or D800 would be nice with a 35mm f1.4 at full frame though, I don't like the Sony 35mm f1.4.

photogalleryonline's gear list:photogalleryonline's gear list
Nikon D300S Sony SLT-A77 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow