E-PM2/E-PL5 prices changing

Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
Like?
Re: Pretty ho-hum
In reply to jazzbass62, Sep 15, 2012

The current price for an e-p3, refurbed, at cameta with a lens is $560. That's a little over 60% of the original sticker price, and that's after the release of a much better much more desirable camera and the markdown for the retail price to $750.

So I say next year if a new and better omd has been released and the retail price of the new camera hits the same intro price of a little over $1000 and you want the body only E-m5, maybe you could get it refurbished for $650. I would love it if that were the case, but I doubt it will go that low that quickly.

I think the new omd will probably come in quite a bit higher than $1000 and the e-m5 will continue to occupy the "near $1000" price point for a while.

jazzbass62 wrote:

It's been pretty typical to see the OLY PEN line go for between 50% and 60% of their original pricing within a year on the refurbished market place... granted that was in the middle of the roll-out and excitement over the OMD-EM5 though...

Also I'd say an OMD-EM5 type sensor in a PEN isn't too ho-hum at all... time will tell.
--
---
Cleve

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow