RX1, what people don't seem to get...

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
gteague
Contributing MemberPosts: 928Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1, what people don't seem to get...
In reply to Aberoni, Sep 15, 2012

likely it's the same feature as on the rx100 called something like 'clear image zoom'. but although i never use digital zoom, the clear image zoom seems a different animal and very useful indeed and does not degrade quality in a way i can easily detect as does digital zoom. i leave it on all the time on my rx100.

but 1.4x applied to the rx1 35mm only yields a 'normal' field of view--50/2--not exactly useful. with the 2x digital zoom, if you dare to use it, you would get a 70/2 which might make a feasible short portrait lens if the quality would hold up. but with a portrait you need those eyes to pop even if some softening of the face is allowed and sometimes desired.

have to wait for someone to real world test this i guess.

guy

Aberoni wrote:

gteague wrote:

Aberoni wrote:

[del]

The RX1 has a built in converter (to 1.4X and 2X). I think this camera is for me.

do you mean digital zoom? i know i read the dpreview preview very quickly, but i didn't see any converter refs in it.

-- hide signature --

/ guy

"Better than digital zoom" in their words. They said it is something new and better than you crop the image yourself in the computer. I am Waiting to know more about it.

-- hide signature --

Things may be named,but names are not the things**

-- hide signature --

/ guy

The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks! ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
Sony RX100 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow