nex 7 software update

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Binone
Regular MemberPosts: 472Gear list
Like?
Re: Binone: these are two separate issues
In reply to jpr2, Sep 15, 2012

I agree with you completely. However, if you don't want to use any of the "special" functions and can live with: Auto ISO, A or S, mode, RAW format, then things like f-stop, exposure compensation, etc. can be adjusted without going into the menus. So, I basically spent 3 weeks without going into the menus. I always use A mode and one of the wheels was set to f-stop. Another was set to exposure comp and the third to ISO (I think). The Nav button brought up some other functions, but I hardly used them. I had the EVF set to show a live histogram, so it was easy to adjust exposure comp without taking my eye off the subject. I even got the hang of not hitting the movie button by accident.

I found that Auto-ISO worked well - it favored low ISO, so I didn't have to adjust ISO very often.

I had autofocus set to the center spot and found it very accurate with stationary subjects. Like you, I found it useless with moving subjects.

The thing that was the biggest problem was having to turn the camera off after every shot so it didn't kill the battery when switching between EVF and LCD as I carried it.

All of this said, it should be easy to use all of the camera's functions, and it's not.

Binone's gear list:Binone's gear list
Nikon 1 AW1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
okayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow