Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
GordonAtWork
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
Like?
Re: Nice condescension
In reply to Kabe Luna, Sep 15, 2012

Kabe Luna wrote:

RGBCMYK wrote:

Yes it weighs more but professional weather sealing and the bracketing options are a real difference if you want a workhorse camera plus the autofocus is on a different planet. I am sorry but the difference between a prosumer camera and a workhorse professional camera is very different. If you really need to look at your rear screen than this camera isn't for you but if you just need it to see clipping, histograms or your menu it works just fine. I would never choose a 5DII over a 1ds MkII except if I was an assistant and only had to carry the cameras

I suppose all the film photographers who checked exposure and composition with Polaroids were simply inept as well? An accurate, high-resolution monitor is indispensable for checking focus–a real, practical the advantage the 5D and 5DII have over the 1DsII.

-- hide signature --

35mm photographers almost never checked exposure and composition with Polaroids, it was the medium/large format ones who did. Digital negates the need for such technology as the images are instant and there is no limited supply of media. You can't waste 5x4 or 10x8 sheet film unless you have a large budget. I've never had a problem reviewing images on my 1Ds2 as you can zoom to 10x and although I'd like a larger screen I can live without it as image quality and overall performance is more important. I also don't find the weight an issue at all, I use the E1 handstrap and can hang the camera loosely from my hand with minimal effort all day long.
--
Moderator wannabe !

GordonAtWork's gear list:GordonAtWork's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS D60 Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow