GH3: wrong direction! Bulkier & heavier ....

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Meyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,332Gear list
Like?
Re: It depends for who
In reply to leicalight, Sep 15, 2012

Do you seriously think the GH3 is anywhere near as big as your 5D? Are you drunk?

Frankly, I don't believe you own a 5D if you think it's "almost the same size as a GH2." The GH2 is significantly smaller than my 50D, which is a fair bit smaller than a 7D (don't own one, but have rented one), which is smaller than a 5D by a good bit. Yes, I've used the 5D and 5D Mk II. A buddy owns both.

leicalight wrote:

But this camera is aimed at enthusiats photographers who like to have something more consistent in their hands. I don't see any problem with that. As others have said, there's an option for eveyone now in m4/3.

sorry can you explain why i must buy a small sensor camera with a body almost big like a FF ?

my 5D MII coupled with 28mm 1.8 , 35mm f2 or 40mm f2.8 has almost same size as my GH2 , anyway i need a bag for carry them (both) and GH3 is also bigger then GH2

-- hide signature --

I've stopped thinking in terms of "equivalent" focal lengths on m43. 25mm is what it is, and what it might be similar to on some other format doesn't matter to me any more. We need to learn what to expect from our current equipment, not keep mapping it to the old. No one refers to their 50mm FF lens as "equivalent to 80mm on MF."

Bob Meyer's gear list:Bob Meyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow