Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andy792
Regular MemberPosts: 479Gear list
Like?
San Francisco tour - where not to go?
Sep 15, 2012

I am planning to be in San Francisco with my wife for 4-5 days and wanted to make sure where it should be safe to go and shoot. We will be taking the 5D2, 7D (my wife's), the 70-200mm f/2.8 II and the 24-105mm f/4 L.

Is it really safe to go SF downtown with a big white lens (or any lens)? Where are the safest areas to stay? What areas are to be avoided?

First, I booked a hotel in Emeryville, then, after reading horrible stories about that neighbourhood, re-booked to Pleasant Hill. Is it a nice place to stay or should I move down closer to Pleasanton or the Silicon Valley?

Any advice would be highly appreciated... this is my first trip to SF and I don't want to get it spoiled

andy792's gear list:andy792's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow