I love my 5d3, but...

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Press Correspondent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,344Gear list
Like?
Re: I love my 5d3, but...
In reply to Skip M, Sep 15, 2012

Skip M wrote:

On price alone, it is, indeed, a market changer.

Strictly speaking, on price alone it is not. 5D2 is less expensive and would still be preferred by many. A lot of people don't care for the latest bells and whistles, but want a solid proven performer. The D600 sensor performance may not be better enough to be dramatic, the Nikon skin tones remain yellowish, plus the Nikon AF reputation has been turned by D800 into a wide spread fear.

On price alone, although used and outdated, but still FF and hugely popular, 5D is just a third of the price of D600. Plus surely 6D is coming soon as a follow up to 5D2. I see D600 as a result of the FF market price dropping slowly over time to the current levels. D600 is a result of the market, not a market driver.

D600 would be a market changer, if it could be sold for $3,000, but was offered for $2,000. However, it is offered already at the maximum of what it can be sold for and therefore it is no market changer at all.

Press Correspondent's gear list:Press Correspondent's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FYINew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow