Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,952Gear list
Like?
Fuji F11 -- the swan song ...
Sep 15, 2012

As some already know, I am moving to the Nikon 1 system for my concert cam needs ... I leave to pick up the kit in about 12 minutes, actually.

Meanwhile, I put all five compacts up on eBay on Thursday evening at 11:30pm, and they are all packed and ready to go, so are no longer accessible to me.

(Incidentally, the ZS3 sold overnight the first night for full price at $109cad ... showing how a lens and really good video can make a major difference to saleability ... the others all have watchers now, though, and since they all start at 49 bucks I think they'll all sell :-))

So I went out and wandered about with the F11 one last time before packing it up for sale. A late afternoon that was bright and sunny. This is EXR territory, right?

Well, it was a bit of a challenge to handle the white in this shot, but it managed and I am very pleased with the result. I ended up spot metering the sunny area of the pool stairs. I left the image slightly dark and saturated intentionally.

Then I moved onto the flowers, which are still blooming here a bit ...

Full zoom produces a lovely shot of the daisies ...

The same shot at full wide is also very nice ... these cams get quite close ...

A little trouble with the white flowers here, but I was able to pull them back enough in LR 4.1 ...

Another daisy shot, but with a different emphasis ...

The last of the berries ... this close, they looks like tiny apples ...

The white flowers again ... the bush in the background is far enough away that it blurs nicely ...

How close can you go?

As with the sale of my D70s a few years ago ... this feels like the end of an era. And yes, the 6mp sensor in this camera really shines.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Nikon D70s Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 (Lumix DMC-TZ7)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow