ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
6x9
6x9
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
Will Pentax have repairs stand at Photokina? I want my SDM lens fixed
Sep 15, 2012

Will Pentax have a repairs stand at Photokina?

I boght my 16-50 4 years ago, but I did not use it much (maybe 200 shots in total). My K10 had problems focusing with this lens set at 16 mm. I decided to keep the [otherwise great] lens and to wait for a new body. So, the lens was in storage for 3+ years before I finally bought a K5 - and the same lens was working just great on it.

However, after using this lens on my K5 for 2-3 weeks I noticed that the AF is irresponsive when I turned my camera on. This varied from a couple of seconds to some 30 seconds. And finally, I could not make my AF working whatever time I wait. From time to time it was showing signs of recovery but today after changing lens and puting it back again AF is completely dead. All signs of SDM death have been described multiple times already, there is no doudb that I am a new victin of SDM failure.

We all know about this SDM issue and many in this forum have been already affected. I am sure that Pentax/ Ricoh is also aware of this.

This is more than an isolated issue, I am convinced that this is an ENGINEERING or MANUFACTURING DEFECT.

Why Pentax/Ricoh are not offering a free fix for the problem SDM lenses - like other manufacturers do? This is not fare to claim money for their faulty design.

I am thinking of talking to Pentax at Photokina to get my lens fixed it at their cost.

BTW, could someone refer me to a European law in consumer protection, especially regarding products with design defects?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

• 6x9 -

6x9's gear list:6x9's gear list
Nikon D80 Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Olympus PEN E-P3 Pentax K-01 +14 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow