trevor white
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
Re: VarmintCong Re: MIC
In reply to Joel Stern, Sep 15, 2012

Joel Stern wrote:

VarmintCong wrote:

Joel Stern wrote:

Shame on them, I will not own it from China, it is a human rights thing as well as a trade thing form me.

It's a shame you feel that way, cause a Nikon factory in China likely provides coveted jobs that let rural Chinese make enough money to support their families and buy a house back home. The worst factories are the Chinese owned ones, those owned by a company like Nikon probably have pretty good conditions. Nikon's factory is probably just as state of the art as the ones in Japan (although it's probably just a final assembly plant).

I agree with you and I posted someplace else that if a US or Japanese factory is running things that the human rights violations, the wages, etc, things would be different. I am talking about the Chinese owned facilities and I have no way to know if Sony has one for the RX100 or if it is jobbed out to a vendor that makes cameras for everyone....we are not on different pages, I have to think unless I know that it is a Chinese owned facility. thanks for your observations.

Relating to this and a previous post......

You might want to think on guitar production too, and especially about the precious hardwoods used in these products. China has terrible policies relating to the sourcing and import of such materials, and appears to care little for the wellbeing of certain endangered / threatened parts of the planet. However, having said that, Europeans, the Japanese and the USA are all also VERY guilty of trading in timber which has extremely dodgy origins.

Isn't capilaism wonderful.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MICNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow