Will Olympus OMD owners jump ship?

Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mal_In_Oz
Regular MemberPosts: 424Gear list
Like?
+1 The GH3 is not even a consideration
In reply to Skeeterbytes, Sep 15, 2012

Skeeterbytes wrote:

Good grief, do you know how long I waited for the thing? Unless the GH3 comes with a lifetime supply of espresso plus IBIS, I doubt I'll even parse the specs.

Cheers,

Rick

I have to agree 100%. We have waited so long for a truly remarkable camera to come along, that I am in honeymoon mode and not even looking at other cameras as an alternative.

For me the GH3 is too big, has no IBIS and simply doesn't look as good as the EM5. I also doubt the GH3 will be significantly better that the EM5 in terms of image quality, if at all.

What the GH3 does have that I would want is focus peaking, which I will keep hounding Olympus about until they implement it. There is no excuse for leaving it out of the EM5 and I will be really dark if they make me switch cameras to get it in a newer model. It should be a firmware upgrade to make up for them leaving it out in the first place.

Mal_In_Oz's gear list:Mal_In_Oz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow