X100

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
smokeyjoe
Contributing MemberPosts: 670
Like?
Re: X100
In reply to rattymouse, Sep 15, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

Havent heard much talk about the X100's ergonomic kit. One forum above (FTF), the X10 ergonomic kit has gotten some press as well as flak as the price is excessive, $129 for the thumb grip and little soft release.

Today I stumbled into the X100's ergonomic kit. The price is even a more brazen cash grab at $229. Wow.... B & H does not list what is in this kit but one must assume that it is again a thumb grip and soft release. $229. More expensive than some of their cameras for two pieces of easily made metal.

Anyone want to admit to buying this OEM product?

A complete X100 set (camera, hood, ergo kit, converter, and case) will run you....

$1200 + $100 + $229 + $350 +$100 = $1979

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Not really much of an issue for me. My X100 hangs around my neck on a strap all the time, so a grip, or 'ergo kit' is not needed.

Hell, the case is a bit of a PITA as well. Accessing the USB port, battery, or card requires that you take the camera out of the case, which is a bit of bother.

Using the case means that you have to remove the lens hood, and I would guess, the 'ergo kit' as well.

Never the less, I own the case for my X100 for the sole, vain reason that it looks great. Since as far back as I can remember, I've always wanted a small rangefinder with a leather case. (I guess that comes from having a father who was a professional photographer!)

Knowing that I'll never be able to own a top end LEICA, I jumped at the X100 once Fuji sorted out some of it's birthing pains.

I'm satisfied.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/-smokeyjoe/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
X100New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow