ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SRT201
Senior MemberPosts: 1,932
Like?
Tamron 200-500 w/ lens separation
Sep 15, 2012

Hey all,

Just picked up this Tamron monster for $150 on eBay. It's basically in superb shape BUT on close inspection I found a separation area within the zoom group. It's on the edge of the group as one would expect. You can even see the Newton rings formed by the gap. It may not have much of an effect yet for a crop sensor body like the K-5. I have to do some daytime tests to see if anything is discernible.

I already talked to the seller and I'm sure we'll work something out. It's the progression of the separation that worries me and of course if I keep it, the resale value is greatly diminished.

I've picked up a number of used lenses but this is the first one with separation. Figures.... the glass is otherwise beautiful.

Any opinions? How bad does it look to you? Take a look at the original for the 2nd shot if you really want to see the detail.

Thanks for input.

-- hide signature --

Any government that has the power to correct any injustice and level any inequality also has the power to do ANYTHING it wants.

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow