Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ceci Land
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
OMG, the panasonic/leica 45mm macro is faboo
Sep 15, 2012

I just took some happy snappy macros this evening when my new lens came in and I was stunned. I didn't bother with a tripod. I broke every rule in the book. Lighting was terrible and I even used the pop up flash on my G5 for some of 'em. Ya know what...I like 'em anyway. Some may not have critical sharpness because I was lazy, but it's definitely not the lens.

FWIW, I'm still learning my camera, so when I did a natural light hand held shot of my dog, I let the camera chose iso 1600. The quality is amazing compared to what I'm used to....even shooting in jpeg mode. I'm not going to be afraid to shoot 1600 if my goal is just pictures at 5x7 size or so...maybe even up to 8x10.

I took the couple of macro shots of the candy bar just to show what an difference 1 f-stop makes. The macro of the bottle label shows the shallow depth of field.

I do sort of miss the depth of field preview I used on my old camera. But I'm sure I'll eventually learn the 45mm well enough to "just know" about what DOF I'll get at a certain distance and f-stop.

Ceci Land's gear list:Ceci Land's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow