Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
lnbolch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,862Gear list
Like?
Re: X100
In reply to rattymouse, Sep 15, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

lnbolch wrote:

On another forum there is a "Pimp my Camera" thread about stuff to hang on the X100. Greatly tempted to troll, but have restrained myself. With absolutely nothing added to it, it fits my jacket pocket and lets me do photography anywhere, any time. There is extensive bickering about camera straps—of which, I use none. I can not imagine getting excited about a camera strap!

Sort of "Save the Whales!"
(Collect the Whole Set)
mentality.

They probably also drive Harleys with more aftermarket chrome-bits than bike. However, they are free to spend their gelt however they wish. I can not blame Fuji or anyone else for feeding the demand—simply intelligent marketing.

I have to believe that Fujifilm would sell a LOT more of these add ons if they werent priced by some Wall Street Banker. It costs pennies to manufacture bit pieces like this.

Impulse purchases—and I expect the high-prices might be an incentive. People play a great deal of money for an ancient camera with a Kodak sensor that does rather poorly above ISO800, has no LiveView, video or even auto-focus and is sold on the basis of its mystique. They don't need to sell many to stay well afloat. Not everything needs to be a lowest common denominator product for the mass market.

Not when a sucker is born every minute.

-- hide signature --
 lnbolch's gear list:lnbolch's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 8400 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
X100New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow