Photographing a press conference?

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
aroundtokyo
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
Re: Photographing a press conference?
In reply to Chris R-UK, Sep 14, 2012

Chris R-UK wrote:

I assume from your other threads that you have a Pentax K-30. If you don't already have an external flash, get one ASAP, ideally the top of the line because you may need the power. I would probably also consider getting a fast lens just in case you are in a situation where you can't use flash - perhaps a 30mm or 50mm f1.4.

At a film festival you may have a problem with ceilings that are too high to bounce a flash so you may need to shoot head on with just a diffuser.

I would certainly shoot in M mode on the camera and the flash on TTL, but make sure that you understand how flash on your K-30 works in M mode. Get advice from the Pentax forum. It isn't difficult but would take too long to explain here.

Get as much practice as you can with the flash before the events and take along several sets of flash batteries. Shoot everything in landscape orientation to avoid strange shadows down the sides from the flash. You can always crop from landscape to portrait in PP.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.
--
Chris R

That is just great! I really appreciate your answer Chris. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good shots.

-- hide signature --

I live in Tokyo, one of the greatest cities in the world

aroundtokyo's gear list:aroundtokyo's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Pentax K-3 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow