I love my 5d3, but...

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,665Gear list
Like?
Wait for the IQ
In reply to chironNYC, Sep 14, 2012

Having said that, the D600 could be some folks' nose-bleed ticket to a dual platform.

chironNYC wrote:

I love my 5d3, and since I already have my money invested I am certainly not going to jump ship.

But, if the D600 sensor lives up to its Sony heritage, without the megapixel overweight and manufacturing/design defects of the D800 (AF, green tint, etc.), I think it will be a very attractive camera in its own right. At $1400 less than the 5d3, it will appeal to many categories of shooters. If you can shoot a wedding with a 5d2, you can shoot a wedding with a D600.

Price-wise, it competes with xD Canon cameras. Features-wise, it competes with the 5d3.

It looks to be a fine and appealing camera at a price and with a sensor that will profoundly challenge Canon.

I think it may be a market-changing camera.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FYINew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow