60D

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
aldercat
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: 60D
In reply to matthias jurisch, Sep 14, 2012

Matthias, no harm, no foul. This post was a buzz-saw right from the get-go, and I wouldn't expect anything less from my good friends. Thank you for taking a look at my photos on Flickr, I really appreciate the compliment!

I asked this question on two forums and got some great response. The conclusion is pretty simple, both the 24-70 and the 24-105 are great lenses. My belief is that though I said in another forum that I would save my pennies for the 24-70, I use my 50mm 1.4 for portraits, it's great on a crop senor. The other thing that I consider is the IS on the f/4; I shoot for than portraits and though I lose a stop with the 105, the IS lets me hand hold, and I'm a notorious hand-held shooter less landscapes and food shots.

Thank you for the advice, and the well deserved ribbing. They both made my day!
--
Kurt

aldercat's gear list:aldercat's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
60DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow