7D Firmware 2.0.0.3 is up at Canon US

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Happy picture taker smiling at you
Regular MemberPosts: 302
Like?
Re: Thumbs Up to Canon from a New 7D Owner
In reply to riknash, Sep 14, 2012

riknash wrote:

Give it a week or two before you upgrade to the latest version. There's nothing to say Canon actually completely fixed the bug or hasn't introduced other bugs. It's not that I doubt their efforts or abilities but in my experience the most stable software/firmware is that which has been exercised through all possibilities. Since you have a working camera without issue, let others who wish, validate the firmware by using it for a few weeks.

If you're impatient like me and wish to enjoy the benefits of the 2.0 firmware, live on the edge and install the fix firmware! The extra buffer depth has been absolutely wonderful and without a doubt, the camera focuses better.

GimmeHd wrote:

I just bought the 7D a month ago with FW 1.25 and was hesitant to upgrade. Now, I think will do it. The 7D works fine with Fw 1.25, now it will perform better.

There is no good reason not to do the new 2.03 FW upgrade. It won't cause the loss of anything that has been improved or fixed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow