Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ark84
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
Sony user considering switching to Pentax
Sep 14, 2012

Hey guys, I'm currently debating switching to Pentax from Sony. Since the A99 was a bit of a let-down and really overpriced here in the UK, I'm looking to switch. I was gonna go with the A77 after seeing the A99 price, but now thinking about sticking with my A55 until I've decided what's best.

Luckily I only have a few lenses invested in Sonys A-Mount. So now I have the choice of either selling the A55 and lenses or keeping them has a backup? Any thoughts?

I know if I sell the Sony stuff then I have more to put towards some DA primes, but I'm in no rush to sell the Sony stuff has I will already have enough to fund a body and a couple of lenses.

I'm currently looking to get a K5IIs since I mostly shoot landscapes and the DA15 prime.

The DA primes really interest me and will be looking to get more after the initial purchase.
If anyone has any ideas were to go after the DA15, that would be great?
I was thinking 15, 70 then 35 and then the rest later?

I've noticed the DA primes aren't that fast, how do they compare to Sony, Nikon and Canon offerings like the f1.8 primes?

Last question would be about AEB. I know the K5II/K5IIs hasn't been released yet, but what options are available on the K5 for AEB? The A55 was really lacking here, .3EV and .7EV were pretty much useless.

Cheers.

Pentax K-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow