GH3: wrong direction! Bulkier & heavier ....

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 10,949Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3: wrong direction! Bulkier & heavier ....
In reply to TimK5, Sep 14, 2012

I for one like the size of the upcoming GH3. It is still a small camera but

hopefully the slight increase in size will allow better operation of the camera. All the buttons and dial for quick easy control of the camera takes room, which means larger size. I love my E-M5, but so many times I wish I had more direct control on the various functions instead of going into the SCP.

Anyhow, it sounds like the GH3 isn't going to be a camera for you. Panasonic goes make many other mft cameras that are smaller that might serve you better. Expanding the range of cameras, especially into the pro-level is a very good thing.

I am pretty sure I will end up with a GH3 sometime next year. It should partner up with my E-M5 really well.

Dave

TimK5 wrote:

The new GH3 is bulkier and heavier.

What is Panasonic trying to achieve? Trying to turn a m43 cam into a fat ass DSLR?

The only to buy m43s is the small size and weight. It could be a fatal move to sacrifice the only USP!

Why would anybody buy a DSLR sized cam with inferior performance (in particular sensor performance). Beats me...

-- hide signature --

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow