GH3: wrong direction! Bulkier & heavier ....

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
BrianY
Regular MemberPosts: 235
Like?
Re: GH3: wrong direction! Bulkier & heavier ....
In reply to TimK5, Sep 14, 2012

TimK5 wrote:

onlooker wrote:

TimK5 wrote:

What is Panasonic trying to achieve?

Better ergonomics?

I'd sacrifice ergonomics for small size and weight any day.

And it is great that there are cameras in m4/3 that satisfy both priorities, as they are somewhat in conflict. I love my new E-M5, but found that it didn't "feel" right to me until I put the battery grip on it. It added the function and form I generally want, but it is awesome that I can shrink it down extraordinarily in size by simply removing the grip.

The best camera I've ever handled from an ergonomic standpoint was the E-1. One would think Olympus' successors would have improved on this, but sadly they did not. The E-3 wasn't bad, just different. If the GH3 replicates the E-1 ergonomics, then they will have a winner for many who are looking to reclaim that experience. Personally, I had been hoping they would adopt the rangefinder style of the old L1 (which is my last 4/3 camera still sitting around), but seeing the GH3, I think it makes more sense in that form factor to accomplish it's primary intended uses.

Regards,
B

-- hide signature --

Though we may have precious little, it's still precious...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow