I need advice on FF DSLR + manual glass

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
chili5555
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Re: I need advice on FF DSLR + manual glass
In reply to bmw4everyone, Sep 14, 2012

bmw4everyone wrote:

My concern is when pairing this lens with D600 focusing manually would be difficult and cumbersome thus impractical.

I have used manual focus lenses extensively with my D700, including Zeiss. Whether it is impractical or not depends, in my opinion, on two things. First is your style of shooting. If you intend to chase the kids around the yard and get good, sharp photos, I think you will be frustrated. If, on the other hand, your interest is macro, landscapes, astrophotography, etc., then you will be very, very happy.

The second factor is your dedication. If you are willing to take just a few moments more to get a better shot, perhaps use a tripod, etc., then your efforts will be handsomely rewarded. It takes 1/25th second to take a snapshot; it only takes about two minutes to set up a tripod, set white balance, bracket exposure, focus very carefully and shoot. If you've spent the money for this excellent gear and the time to pack it to the top of the mountain, what's two extra minutes?

chili5555's gear list:chili5555's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow