My path to Fuji Nirvana

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ross Murphy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937Gear list
Like?
Re: My path to Fuji Nirvana
In reply to John.Laninga, Sep 14, 2012

not far off mine, I replaced my s100 with rx100, ordered the XE1 and am keeping my 5D3, I feel i will have a nice mix of gear that I can pull for most any type of shoot

Ross

John.Laninga wrote:

My photography history goes way, way back. My first picture... that I also developed... was in 1953. Since digital, I've owned most all brands, but Sony has been my most consistent (from the old D700 through R1 and to a77). However, the a77 hasn't rocked my boat, so I sold it. Now I have a GH2 with 14-45mm, 14-140mm, 100-300mm, 20mm, and a legacy OM 50mm Macro. But I just can't get my images to "pop" the way I want without a whole bunch of PP.

Most of my picture taking is travel related, and I don't make big prints. I do a little birding with my wife, hence the 100-300mm. I usually carry an RX100 (replaced my S95) in my pocket. Oh yes, I like to shoot JPEG, I'm not to keen on PP unless I really need to. Still old fashioned, I guess.

I've been impressed with the Fuji IQ, especially for JPEG images. So, I ordered the X-E1 when it was announced. My plan is to sell the GH2 and lenses and get a Panny FZ200 for the occasional birding (600mm and f2.8...)

So anyway there you have my plan - RX100 for pocket, EX-1 for the bulk of my photography, and the FZ200 for occasional birding. Hope I'm on the right path!

Ross Murphy's gear list:Ross Murphy's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow