milky way with fuji

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
expressivecanvas
Contributing MemberPosts: 760Gear list
Like?
Re: to dream ...
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Sep 14, 2012

Thanks Joms and thanks Kim...

These are all jpegs... I would love an opportunity to get better results when shooting the Milky Way. I know I could do much better if conditions are right. Posting these two shots was just to show that getting a decent shot of the Milky Way is attainable in today's world of digital imaging and post-processing.

Yeah... I'm not sure about he smearing on that first one... the only thing I can think of is that I might have tried to minimize star trailing by layering and offseting 'darken' layers. That offsetting may have smeared the color and light of everything other than the stars. (I edited these way back in 2010 when I shot them... so I am guessing.)

The moon... well, that is not perfect probably because it was a handheld shot. Also, sharpening was done very selectively to avoid oversharpening so, theoretically, some areas of the moon shot may not have been sharpened at all. It was the best of the bunch that night. The rest were motion blurred terribly. This was one lucky one that got through. That being said, I still like it! : )

Thanks again! And, I hope to see some other photographers here give this a shot!

Patrick : )

expressivecanvas's gear list:expressivecanvas's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow