Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,829Gear list
Like?
My path to Fuji Nirvana
Sep 14, 2012

My photography history goes way, way back. My first picture... that I also developed... was in 1953. Since digital, I've owned most all brands, but Sony has been my most consistent (from the old D700 through R1 and to a77). However, the a77 hasn't rocked my boat, so I sold it. Now I have a GH2 with 14-45mm, 14-140mm, 100-300mm, 20mm, and a legacy OM 50mm Macro. But I just can't get my images to "pop" the way I want without a whole bunch of PP.

Most of my picture taking is travel related, and I don't make big prints. I do a little birding with my wife, hence the 100-300mm. I usually carry an RX100 (replaced my S95) in my pocket. Oh yes, I like to shoot JPEG, I'm not to keen on PP unless I really need to. Still old fashioned, I guess.

I've been impressed with the Fuji IQ, especially for JPEG images. So, I ordered the X-E1 when it was announced. My plan is to sell the GH2 and lenses and get a Panny FZ200 for the occasional birding (600mm and f2.8...)

So anyway there you have my plan - RX100 for pocket, EX-1 for the bulk of my photography, and the FZ200 for occasional birding. Hope I'm on the right path!

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow