No Sony SLRs any more, ever.

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
dka91
Contributing MemberPosts: 857Gear list
Like?
Re: No Sony SLRs any more, ever.
In reply to jerome_munich, Sep 14, 2012

Maybe people have this "emotional, irrational, investment", I mean people always do have these feelings over their equipment (myself included).

But, its pretty clear to me EVF will form some part of the future (though theres no mention of that in my post)....and more importantly Sony outlined it as their future FOR NOW (things change) so I s'pose alot of people are making the best of it.

I don't say this often...but I really don't care about EVF or OVF....whatever as long as I can look through something during the sunlight.

Ive never understood the fuss about it. Both are awesome and useful, and I think the argument over them is really petty, honestly. I didnt choose Sony because of the EVF...infact Im happy with either one, if EVFs were to be discontinued tomorrow Id have no problem, OVF's are cool aswell.

Now I don't say that often if at all......firstly, because Id flame myself, secondly Id be called a troll...which Im sure I will be in 5...4...3...2...1....

THAT SAID at the same token, I do understand that people feel strongly about it, so I respect that, obviously people are comfortable with OVF's and if I felt that way and disliked the EVF's in comparison then I probably would switch systems.

Anyway, I'll say it again, sadlly there is nothing you can do now. Sony made a decision...I can understand it for economical reasons (though really is it that hard to offer both? Really? To save the arguments and doubt).

So I suggest either move system, or adapt or keep your older gear.

But this talk yields nothing except for either side proclaiming theirs to be the best....and alot of people getting p*ssed off.

dka91's gear list:dka91's gear list
Nikon D7200 Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow