Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bmw4everyone
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
I need advice on FF DSLR + manual glass
Sep 14, 2012

I have owned APS-C DSLR cameras before and I'm using a M43 one (OM-D). I'm very intrigued by the new Nikon D600 FF. I'm exploring the possibility of purchasing just the D600 body and pair with a good Zeiss manual glass specific to Nikon mount such as this one

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/662717-REG/Zeiss_1767_825_Planar_T_50mm_F_1_4.html

On paper, it looks like the only disadvantage of this prime lens is not having auto focusing. Other than that everything else about it should be superb. My concern is when pairing this lens with D600 focusing manually would be difficult and cumbersome thus impractical. I would like to hear opinions from other members using your FF body (D800, D700...) with manual glass. Would you recommend it or not? or I'd be better off sticking with native Nikon mount lenses from Nikon and/or 3rd parties.

I consider myself very amateurish with a recent interest in getting serious about learning old fashion photography. Your opinions are highly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Life's too short!

Nikon D600 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow